Fire crews called to chimney fire at Box, near Minchinhampton
By Noseybonk | Saturday, February 16, 2013, 11:05
Fire crews were called to a chimney fire at a property in the village of Box, near Minchinhampton, on Wednesday evening.
A crew of four firefighters was mobilised to deal with the incident after the control centre received a call reporting the fire at 6.39pm.
The crew were detained at the scene for more than an hour, ensuring the fire was completely extinguished, with no hot spots remaining within the chimney.
Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.
Householders are advised to follow the safety advice available on the Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue website to prevent such fires at their properties.